Vaastu for House planning
BathRooms and toilets
- Toilets should never be constructed adjacent to kitchen and Pooja room as per Vastu Shastra, as the bad energy will spoil the purity and divinity.
- Bathrooms can be on the west or north west sides of the building
- But not on the eastern or north eastern sides.
- Toilets should to be in the North-West or West of the house/building.
- If it is an attached toilet, it should preferably be to the North-West side of the room.
- If the West and North-West corners are not available, the next best option is the South-East of the building or room.
- Avoid constructing a toilet in the center of the building and in the North-East corner of the building.
- The toilet should be one or two feet higher than the ground level.
- The Wash Basin, Bathtubs and shower area should be placed on the North-East, North, or East sides of the room.
- The Commode or WC should be in the West, the South or the North-West side of the west in the Bathroom.
- The commode should be oriented such that person sitting on the WC, faces either towards the North or the South and not in the E-W direction.
- When lying in a bathtub, the head position should be in the South.
- Mirrors in the Bathroom may be on the North and East walls.
- The main door of the house should not be below ground.
- Neither should the main door be in the center of the house, nor in the extreme corners.
- If the door is set in the north wall, move it east of center;
- If it’s in the east wall, move it north of center.
- If it is set in the south wall, it should be moved east of center
- If it is in the west wall, move it south of center.
- The entrance doors of two houses should not be exactly opposing one another.
- A house should have even number of doors and windows
- The main door of the house should be bigger in size as compared to the other doors in the house. Also, it should be more beautiful than others.