About BITS Pilani Work Integrated Learning Programmes (WILP) Distance Education Courses
BITS Pilani offers below Work Integrated Learning Programmes (WILP) Distance Education Courses:
These courses aren’t listed on the AICTE approved ‘Engineering / Technology’ institutes to offer education in distance:
Also, these courses aren’t named as Engineering courses instead are termed as Science courses which fall under Degree education but NOT Engineering courses.
Thus, people who studied BITS WILP programme courses wouldn’t be eligible for Govt./Public sector Engineering posts. Rather will be eligible as regular graduation degree course and can apply for posts that indicates “Any degree” as educational qualification.
The benefit of taking WILP courses is that the institute has great reputation in private sector and it’s a two year (four semester) course.
More details BITS WILP courses:
- It requires 2 years work experience to take admission
- It’s costlier, Semester fee Rs. 32,700/- and joining fee Rs. 15,000/-
- If you fail in any of the exam in semester, that subject will be carry forwarded. Even if you fail in one subject you need to study that subject again in semester as a carry forwarded
- At max you can study/write exams for only four subjects
- Even for single subject left over, you’ll need to pay whole semester fees
Disclaimer: Above is the information I got to know and its solely my interpretation. This mayn’t be considered authoritative for any legal purposes.