Home > Browsers > Google Chrome: Your profile could not be opened correctly.

Google Chrome: Your profile could not be opened correctly.

Error:

—————————

Google Chrome

—————————

Your profile could not be opened correctly.

Some features may be unavailable. Please check that the profile exists and you have permission to read and write its contents.

—————————

OK

—————————

image

Fix: This can happen if the Chrome is unable to spawn it’s default tab chrome sub-process which actually load the user profile.

Most possible that you are launching the chrome from a thin session clients like XenApp which doesn’t support Chrome to load fully.  In case you are using XenApp, you need to conver your app into Server Desktop so that  it runs in full windows shell.

About these ads
Categories: Browsers
  1. Judy
    March 21, 2012 at 7:48 PM | #1

but I use ie8?

• March 22, 2012 at 9:17 AM | #2

then you shouldn’t be worried about this:-?

• Judy
        March 22, 2012 at 6:43 PM | #3

I know that I shouldn’t be worried – but that is the message I get. I know that it happens with Chrome but it is happening with ie8 now. I have ie9 at home and it does not give me this message.

• March 26, 2012 at 11:39 PM | #4

So, is it that IE8 giving you this message upon launch? If so, do you have (had?) Chorme installed on that system? If yes, is chrome working fine there?

It sounds like Chrome got corrupted in which case any of the left over files clashing with IE8 can cause such a scenario.

• Judy
        March 26, 2012 at 11:48 PM | #5

Thanks. As it was happening only on my pc at work, I uninstalled and re installed chrome & IE. It is working fine now. Thank you for your help.

• March 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM | #6

Glad to hear that and as well for your faster response.

2. Fadjar